Website WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
In line with the Employment Equity Plan of the Department of Health it is our intention with this advertisement to achieve equity in the workplace by promoting equal opportunities and fair treatment in employment through the elimination of unfair discrimination.
NOTE : It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.
ERRATUM: Kindly note that the advert for the post of Director: Labour Relations Chief Director: People Management, advertised in Public Service Vacancy Circular 39 dated 14 October 2022 with ref number: Post 39/265 has been amended as follows: Post Tile: Director: Employee Relations.
POST 41/402 : PROJECT MANAGER: ICT GOVERNANCE
Directorate: Information Technology
SALARY : R1 073 187 per annum, (A portion of the package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs).
CENTRE : Head Office, Cape Town
- Minimum educational qualification: An appropriate three-year National Diploma or Degree.
- Advantage: ITIL and COBIT.
- Appropriate experience in a Project Management environment.
- Appropriate experience in Contract Management.
- ICT Governance frameworks and processes.
- Inherent requirements of the job:
- A valid (Code B/EB) driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel and/or be on standby.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills):
- An understanding of ICT and other relevant WCG legislation and policies.
- An understanding of ICT Governance.
- A high level of computer literacy (Advanced MS Office).
- Good communication and inter-personal skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage vendor contracts and SLA’s.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Provide project management support and oversight services for health ICT projects.
- Co-ordinate and implement ICT Governance in the department.
- Develop and implement the ICT Strategic and Operational Plans for the WCG Health.
- Manage and monitor ICT Risks.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate vendor performance against contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Finance Management.
ENQUIRIES : Ms N Roodt Tel No: (021) 938-6209
APPLICATIONS : Applicants apply online: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online applications”)
NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. It may be expected of shortlisted candidates to do a presentation and undergo a competency assessment.
CLOSING DATE : 11 November 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.westerncape.gov.za.