Website Santam Insurance
A position as Senior Internal Auditor exists in Group Internal Audit: Santam Corporate Services based in Sandton. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting various types of assurance and consulting reviews across the Santam Ltd Group (includes subsidiaries, portfolio managers, underwriting agencies and international partners). This will be done in accordance with the annual audit plan approved by Santam’s Audit Committee and conducted in terms of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit. The role requires someone with strong analytical skills who can apply our risk-based methodology as well as lead and manage multiple audits.
- Demonstrate and apply holistic / big picture and forward thinking.
- Developing and review of audit procedures to test adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Supporting a combined assurance model (includes working with external auditors and other assurance providers).
- Building relations with partners. Effective communication with the audit team, audit management and key stakeholders.
- National and international travelling to Santam offices and partners may be required.
- Incorporate data analytics (DA) to enhance audit planning and create efficiencies in audit fieldwork.
- Implementation and improvement of general quality assurance on all audit work.
- Compile the draft audit report and engage in discussions with various levels of management which will support the achievement of the Santam Group’s and our business partners strategic and financial objectives.
- Prepare audit findings with thorough root cause analysis and practical recommendations.
- Analytical ability and logical reasoning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in insurance related financial audits and knowledge of insurance processes would be an advantage.
- Internal Audit or equivalent qualification.
- 5 to 7 years internal auditing / data analytics experience.
- Company: Santam Insurance
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.santam.co.za.