Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
LAND INFORMATION SPECIALIST REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/664
Directorate: Property Systms And Data Management
Salary: R908 502 per annum (Level 12), (all-inclusive package to be structured in accordance with the rules for MMS)
Location: Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and Bachelor’s Degree in Property Valuations or Town and Regional Planning or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Minimum of 3 years junior management experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in system development.
- Experience in compilation of training manuals, presentations and in leading / presenting training sessions.
- Experience in providing support to users.
- Extensive experience in Land / property data management.
- Extensive computer literacy in Microsoft Office and other relevant software (Access, Structured Query Language (SQL)).
Job related knowledge:
- Good data and information management i.e. capturing, preserving and maintenance of data.
- Knowledge in land administration related legislation and policies.
- Sound knowledge of land information (Deeds, sub-divisions, vesting, disposals of Surveyor-General diagrams. Etc.).
Job related skills:
- Technical aptitude skills,
- Training and presentation skills,
- System development skills,
- Good project management skills,
- Good human relation skills,
- Ability to read and interpret Surveyor-General diagrams, title deeds, map and aerial photographs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
- Research skills,
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A valid driver`s licence.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, refine and maintain existing land administrative systems.
- Continuous refinement and maintenance of Land Administration Web (LAW) system and additional work related thereto.
- Development of new and refinement of existing functionality of LAW via enhancements.
- Compile change requests.
- Oversee compilation of system development life cycle documentation (e.g. user requirements and functional requirements specifications, user acceptance testing documents).
- Participate in joint applications design sessions.
- Render technical user support for system and application modification on LAW.
- Render technical support for system development and normalising data structures.
- Capacity building on property management systems.
- Develop training plan and schedule for Land Administrative Web (LAW).
- Review and update training manuals.
- Compile training manuals and training presentation.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for training.
- Facilitate and present capacity building programme.
- Provide technical support to users on LAW and other property management systems.
- Compile property management systems related technical documentation and provide inputs on such documentation.
- Comment on documents e.g. audit findings, draft policies / procedures.
- Draft internal procedures.
- Research and motivate upgrades on equipment, software and software maintenance.
- Draft relevant memoranda / documents on continuous basis (e.g. approval documentation to supply chain management).
- Liaise with service providers / suppliers where necessary.
- Compile and update system user manual(s) applicable and obtain sign off.
- Maintain state and public database on Land Administration Web.
- Verify land Data for accuracy and completeness.
- Update land data continuously based on vesting certificates, disposals and custodian immovable asset registers.
- Update property description and related information in the state and public land database continuously based on Surveyor-General Diagram and title deed information.
Enquiries: Mr A Erasmus Tel No: (012) 312-9183
How to Apply for Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development Vacancies
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
NOTE: African, Coloured and Indian Males and African, Coloured and Indian Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.