Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Deputy Director: Records Management.
- Directorate : Human Resource Management
- Post : Deputy Director: Records Management
- Salary : R744 255 per annum (all-inclusive MMS package)
- Salary Level: 11
- Ref: DD/RM/COGTA/08
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Establish and maintain records for the Department.
- Manage Records Management Registry Services and production/ archiving as well as disposal services.
- Monitor the smooth running of paper-based and electronic record system.
- Ensure compliance with Departmental file plan and policies.
- Liaise with Provincial and National Archives on Records Management.
- Facilitate records management workshops.
- Ensure proper records management and documents tracking.
- Monthly reporting requirements and provide analysis of records manually and electronically.
- Maintain safety and confidentiality of documents.
- Manage leaning services.
- National Senior Certificate, a National Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree/ in Records Management/Archives, or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Records Management at junior management level.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Records Management/ Archiving Services.
- Knowledge of electronic Record Management and digital preservation issues.
- Knowledge of public service legislation and regulations is essential.
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies:
- Decision making, problem solving, facilitation, presentation, people management and empowerment, as well as able to work under pressure competencies: in-depth knowledge of Planning, Communication, Project Management and Evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge on Excel and Power Point
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.