Website Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Assistant Director: Risk Management.
- Directorate : Compliance and Risk Management
- Post : Assistant Director: Risk Management
- Salary: R382 245 per annum
- Salary Level: 9
- Ref: AD/RM/COGTA/17
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Develop monitor, and manage risk policies and profiles for the Department.
- Review the risk faced by the Department.
- Maintain and update the risk register.
- Report quarterly the progress on the implementation of risk policy and strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of risk management plans.
- Facilitate and perform any investigations on any fraud and corruption activities notified of.
- Liaise with Directorates in areas of responsibility to ensure identification and management of risk.
- Assist in the implementation of Fraud Prevention Plan and detection in the Department.
- Assist in the implementation of the Auditor General and Internal Audit recommendations.
- Assist in conducting regular risk assessment in the Department.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Auditing/ Risk Management or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Finance /Auditing or Risk Management field.
- Knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Public Sector Risk Management Framework, Company of Sponsoring Organisations (COSO) Framework and King IV on risk management.
- Computer literacyand a valid drivers license.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.