Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Assistant Director: Bookkeeping, Revenue & Debts.
- Directorate : Management Accounting
- Post : Assistant Director: Bookkeeping, Revenue & Debts
- Salary: R382 245 per annum
- Salary Level: 09
- Ref: AD/BKR/COGTA/11
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Collection of revenue due to the Department and proper management thereof.
- Ensure timeous and compilation of monthly reports.
- Effective management of the Department’s debt account.
- Monitoring of Pay Master General account. Provide Budgetary Support Service to the Department.
- Provide departmental budgetary support, analysis, advice and guidance.
- Analyse and respond to budget related enquiries.
- Facilitate IYM meetings and training on budget related issues.
- Administer the transfer of funds for the MTEF cycle.
- Administer virements and rollovers.
- Align the budget with the strategic plan of the Department.
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements and Interim Financial Statements for the Department.
Preparing of bank reconciliation authorising of Journal and record keeping.
- Maintenance and control of relevant accounts/ suspense accounts and record keeping.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in the Financial Management field -Accounting/Auditing/ Economics or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Financial Management.
- Knowledge of relevant National and Provincial legislations, Public Administration, Budget Management, Treasury and Financial Regulations.
- Computer literacy.
- A valid driver’s license.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.