Website CENTLEC (SOC) LTD
- NQF Level 7 in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- B Com (Hons) Degree and master’s degree in the fields of Accounting, Finance or Economics acquired at an accredited institution will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be compliant with all the requirements as contained in the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels, Gazette 29967.
- The candidate should possess a certificate in Municipal Financial Management Programme (MFMP) or Certificate Programme in Municipal Development (CPMD).
- The candidate must have ten (10) years or more experience in the field of Finance and five (5) years’ experience at a Middle or Senior Management level.
- Candidates should be registered with relevant professional bodies and must have high level of Computer Literacy.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license. Candidates with Local Government experience on Middle or Senior level and those who are Chartered Accountants would have an added advantage.
- Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the official languages widely used in the Free State Province.
- The candidate must have clean ITC report and NO criminal record or pending criminal/civil proceedings against them.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Analytical Ability
- Managerial Experience
- Strategic Financial Management
- Operational Financial Management
- Ethics and Values in Financial Management
- Financial and Performance Reporting
- Audit and Risk Management Experience
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Legislation, Policy and Implementation
- Stakeholder Relations
- Supply Chain Management
- Audit and Assurance.
Key Responsibilities – CENTLEC Careers 2022
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for the following:
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Managers on the exercise of powers and duties assigned to the Municipal Manager in terms of the terms of sections 78 or 79 of the MFMA,
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in the administration of the Entities’ bank account, the preparation and implementation of the Municipal Entity’s budget,
- Manage and control all financial functions of the Municipal Entity, which includes, inter alia, the administration of the budget,
- Perform duties such as budgeting, accounting, analysis, financial reporting, cash management, debt management, supply chain management, financial management as well as reviews and other duties that may be delegated to him/her by the Chief Executive Officer in terms of section 79 of the MFMA,
- Develop a medium-term financial framework within which the Board & Council can operate,
- Provide framework for financial accountability and ensure it is applied effectively,
- Manage and control the auxiliary support services so that there are efficient and effective financial systems in place,
- Develop financial organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives,
- Develop organization’s prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization/s operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion,
- Update job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations,
- Comply with all financial reporting and prepare financial statements for the Entity and maintain good working relationships with the Auditor General’s Office and other stakeholders.
Enquiries for the above-mentioned position must be directed to: Me Lorraine Mkhwane on 051 412 2727, email: Lorraine.Mkhwane@centlec.co.za
Please note that communication shall only be entered into between the successful candidate for further processes.
Salary Grade: Total Cost to Company
This is a Five-Year Fixed Term Performance Based Contract.
Closing Date: 06 November 2022.
All applications must be made on the Entity’s official application form. Applicants, who wish to be considered for this position, must email their application form together with their detailed CV’s and certified copies of their certificates, ID document and Driver’s License. The relevant telephone number can be contacted for more information. Please note that if you do not receive any correspondence from this organisation regarding your application within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. We thank all applicants for their interest
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org