A division of Amazon is expanding its presence in Sub-Saharan Africa (“SSA”) and is looking for a talented Compliance Specialist to help drive this expansion. This role presents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of Amazon’s expansion in the region. We are looking for someone with professional experience in the region who can navigate complex product regulations and then develop and implement related compliance controls for restricted, prohibited, regulated, and sensitive products.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Amazon Jobs in Cape Town
- Engaging with selling partners and helping them improve their product compliance
- Monitoring product regulatory developments
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate international time zones.
- Partnering with regulators and responding to their inquiries about products sold in Amazon’s online store
- The person in this role will also be responsible for:
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively identify and innovate optimal solutions to a broad range of complex issues
- Ability to review sensitive and adult content and make appropriate policy recommendations
- Great organizational and research skills with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience conducting legal research and preparing related written guidance
- Either 5+ years of prior work experience in a related area OR 2+ years of prior work experience and a US Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent international law degree
- Undergraduate university degree required
JOB DETAILS: Amazon Jobs in Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.