Assmang Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Assmang Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Assmang Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Assmang Bursary 2023. Assmang invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: January 30, 2023
Assmang Bursary 2023
Assmang Black Rock Mine Operations is located in the Kalahari, within the Northern Cape of South Africa. The mining operation are one of the top producers of high quality grade Manganese Ore, which is supplied to the local and international markets.
Aside from Manganese Ore, Assmang are also involved in the mining of Manganese Alloy, Chrome Alloys and Iron Ore.
Assmang Bursary Eligible Fields
Assmang Pty Ltd will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (Bachelors degree/ Bachelor of Technology):
- Mining Engineering (3 bursaries)
- Rock Engineering (1 bursary)
- Geology (1 bursary)
- Surveying (1 bursary)
- SHERQ – Occupational Hygiene (1 bursary)
- Human Resources/ Industrial and Organisational Psychology (1 bursary)
- Industrial Psychology (2 bursaries)
What Does Assmang Bursary Cover?
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, meals and accommodation.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not receive any feedback within 21 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview, medical fitness assessment and psychometric evaluation.
Assmang Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Good academic record
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study, towards a Bachelors degree or Bachelor of Technology
- In the 3rd or 4th year of study
- Studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups
How to Apply for Assmang Bursary
Students who meet the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record, on tertiary letterhead (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration, on tertiary letterhead
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of any achievements/ certificates
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 537 7788
- Hand delivery: Assmang Black Rock Mine Operations (at the Main Guard House)
Assmang Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Assmang bursary is 30 January 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Assmang directly:
Please do NOT contact Assmang if this bursary has already closed.