Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Chief Town and Regional Planner Grade A.
- Directorate : Spatial Planning
- Post : Chief Town and Regional Planner Grade A
- Salary : R 912 048 per annum, all-inclusive Salary package (OSD)
- Ref : CTRP/SP/COGTA/07
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Support municipalities with Spatial Development Framework (SDF) alignment to the SPLUMA provisions.
- Support municipalities with SDF implementation.
- Guide the implementation of the SDF through alignment to the Integrated Urban Development Framework (IUDF).
- Monitor the implementation of Provincial SDF projects.
- Provide technical support to municipalities on spatial planning related matters.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Town and Regional Planning/Urban and Regional Planning/Spatial Planning or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Spatial Planning at junior management level.
- Compulsory registration with SACPLAN as a Professional Planner in terms of the Planning Professions Act, 2002 (Act 36 of 2002).
- Knowledge of all facets of town and regional planning in urban and rural areas, including applicable planning legislation.
- Proven ability in the field of strategic/ forward planning with specific skills in developing spatial development frameworks and land use management systems.
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of SPLUMA and other relevant planning prescripts.
- Competency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Project, Access and PowerPoint), and GIS.
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written), report writing, Project Management, Presentation, Innovative thinking and managerial skills.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.